Roofing contractors come & go over the years, especially in times of economic downturn. Finding a stable local roofer that will stand the test of time can be challenging. So, looking at clues that might help you decipher which contractors are in it for the long haul is important. One of those clues can be whether they are a preferred contractor with Owens Corning®. Many people have heard the name Owens Corning® whenever quality shingles are discussed, but few know what it means to be a Platinum Preferred Contractor.
So…What does it mean?
Owens Corning® Platinum Preferred Contractors are roofing contractors who meet specific criteria to demonstrate expertise in installing Owens Corning® roofing products. Some key things to know about Platinum Preferred Contractors:
- They undergo extensive training on proper installation methods for Owens Corning® roofing products like shingles. This ensures they know how to install the shingles for optimal performance correctly.
- They must maintain certain licensing and insurance requirements. This helps demonstrate they are legitimate, qualified contractors.
- They have an excellent track record of service and satisfaction. Owens Corning® inspects them to ensure they have very high customer satisfaction ratings.
- They provide an enhanced warranty on Owens Corning® shingles for up to 50 years. This extended warranty is only valid when a preferred contractor installs the roof.
What Exactly Does The Contractor Have To Do To Be Approved?
- They have to be licensed. This may seem like an obvious step, but you’d be surprised at how many people call themselves contractors and operate without a license. This city, state & federal licensure ensures that they are legally doing business as contractors in the location where the work is taking place.
- They have to be insured. In case of a catastrophe, they must hold at least a 1 million dollar insurance policy covering them (and the homeowner).
- They have to be approved to go through the Platinum Preferred Contractors program. Not everyone is accepted into the program, and those who finish it are the best in the roofing industry.
- They must have the same business name for 3 years. This helps weed out those who are just starting and those who are changing names to escape any shady work.
- They must have good credit and must not have undergone bankruptcy. Their credit must be good because Owens Corning® does not want its name associated with any business that isn’t able to hold up its end of the bargain in business dealings.
- They must be rated well by the Better Business Bureau. For the same reason as their credit score, Owens Corning® wants to know that the company has a good reputation.
- They must pass the Installation Workmanship Inspection. At the end of the program, the company seeking this title must pass a strict inspection of their workmanship that shows proficiency in installation and excellent workmanship.
How Does the Title Affect the Homeowner?
In the end, a title is just a title unless there is substance behind it, but this title has meaning to back it. Because Owens Corning® does a good job of vetting contractors that use their product, you can rest assured knowing that you are hiring a reputable business that understands the product and the correct installation techniques.
Having your roof installed by a Platinum Preferred Contractor also affords you the benefit of receiving extended warranties on your roofing installation. They offer these extended warranties because they are sure that the contractor that installed it has met the strictest standards of quality in the industry.
So, in summary, Platinum Preferred Contractors are essentially the roofers that Owens Corning® has certified, trained, and promoted as their best installation providers for Owens Corning® roofing products. Choosing one means you get expertise, quality workmanship, and an enhanced warranty on your new roof.
Is There a Local OC Platinum Preferred Contractor Near You?
Because this program is available nationwide, there is a good chance that a roofing contractor with this status is near you. If you are in the Denver or Ft. Collins, Colorado areas, contact Red Diamond Roofing. As seasoned roofers, we believe what we do truly matters and don’t take our work lightly. We’re happy to schedule a consultation with you to discuss your project!