Problem roof? We always find decisions are more manageable when you jot ‘em down: repair the roof without replacing $, or complete roof replacement $$$$. For many homeowners in the greater Denver area, repairing a roof makes a whole lot more economic sense than replacing a roof.
The main reason Coloradans need roof repair is because of a roof leak. Though some roofs can suddenly sprout three or four leaks, most roofs leak in one spot. You need the services of a superior, local roofer to find the exact spot on the roof, but they should be able to repair the leak quickly.
The faster a leak is found and stopped, the less damage you will see to all your home’s components:
- Attic insulation
- Interior walls and ceilings
- Sentimental family treasures
A roof leak by itself is not reason enough to replace an entire roof. Of course, if you wait too long — if more leaks develop or visible damage can be seen from your yard (never climb onto your roof) — no amount of repair will bring your roof back. A complete roof replacement may be your only option if you delay.
With roof leaks, you can never catch them too soon! You can enlist your residential roofer to perform an annual inspection, cleaning, and maintenance and detect roof leaks before they happen! This isn’t magic; a good roofer can spot a troublesome area even before it fails and lets water infiltrate. A typical schedule for roof inspection might look like this:
- Call your nearby roofer to arrange twice-yearly visits
- Call your neighborhood roofer if you notice fresh roof damage — missing flashing, torn shingles, uplifted or cracked shingles, or damaged vents
- Call your reliable roofer again after any major storm or high winds for a spot check
- Keep in touch with your roofer to plan for roof succession, the time some years away when you really will need a new roof
Your roofer is the best person to rely on for an unbiased, honest evaluation of your roof. The roofer’s trained eye can tell when you are too late for roof repair to be an economical answer. Only complete roof replacement will work if you wait too long.
If you have a house in the Denver or Fort Collins areas, connect with us today at Red Diamond Roofing. We can work with you to choose the best option, repair or replace, for your home’s roof.